Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ti Appoggii Sul Me

"Lean on Me"

Finally I am getting around to writing this post. I've been meaning to since last weekend but the days have gotten away from me. Anyways, last Saturday I was able to visit Pisa and Lucca with my study abroad program. I think it was the perfect excursion to start with. It wasn't a full weekend but during that single day we got to experience so much. The day started off with about an hour long bus ride to Pisa. As we were pulling up to the city I spotted the Leaning Tower. I can't quite describe how I was feeling when I first saw it. It was like I was actually living a part of my childhood memories. I can remember seeing pictures of it in my art and history classes way back in elementary school. But now I can say I've actually seen it in person! I feel like that's going to be a common theme to my stay here in Europe haha. So after a tour of the town and a half hour taking those clichè toursit photos holding the tower up (a must of course) we were treated to a nice lunch. It included lasagna (my favorite italian dish!), chicken, fries (weird I know), and some delicious gelato. We then got back on the bus and headed to Lucca. Now before getting here I had not heard of Lucca, but everyone was telling me it's one of the most beautiful places in Italy so I was very excited. When we arrived we got to take a bike tour! It was so much fun and definitely a unique way to experience the town. We had a little free time afterwards so a bunch of us climbed to the top of this tower that had trees on top which we had seen during our tour. The view from the top..... AMAZING. You could see for miles. I have to say looking out over all the Italian rooftops is one of my favorite things to do. So needles to say we went on a bit of a photo taking spree. All in all it was a fantastic day and it just got me that much more excited to go explore the rest of Italy!! Can't waitttt (:

Here are some photos from Pisa:



Had to (:

Here are some from Lucca:



 
View from the top of the tower in Lucca

vita, amore, felicità

No comments:

Post a Comment