I really need to be better about blogging right away. I feel like some things worth talking about happened this week but now that it's over I just can't remember anything specific... hmm. Well in classes this week really started to get into the material. Tuesday I had my cooking class and we made our first real meal and dessert! It's called "involtini di tacchino al prosciutto" or turkey rolled in proscuitto, which is basically what it sounds like but also with zucchini strips and scamorza cheese inside the roll, baked on top of a bed of spinach mmmmm lol For dessert we made "panna cotta" or cream custard along with strawberry and blackberry sauces. They were both so delicious! Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I promise you they looked as good as they tasted. The rest of the week was just an ordinary week in Italy (; haha.
This weekend I figured I'd have plenty of time to relax and get all the random things done that were slowly piling up. Wrong. Most of it was consumed with the fun activity of looking up every option and combination of flights for our fall break travels (not). I mean of course it's exciting to find flights from Barcelona to Paris for 6 euro but man did it get tiring to plug in literally every combination of cities and constantly have to change which date we would leave here or there or whateverrrr. Finally last night we found a combination that worked perfectly (Pisa-Barcelona-Paris-Prague-Amsterdam-Pisa)! And it came out to a total of 215 euros... FIVE flights across EUROPE for 215 euros... I love this place :) I have to say it was definitely a relief and a weight off my shoulders once all those flights were booked. Next we'll be researching hostels but I think I may take a few days off before I begin that lol.
Other than booking flights yesterday Hazel, Kat and I all decided to go out to dinner. We wanted to try this Greek restaurant (sometimes you need a break from pasta and pizza) but when we got there at 6:30 we were told they weren't open till 7:30... ohhh Italy. So we wandered around and eventually found a nice little place where we could eat outside. We go a meal that included water, 1st course (pasta dish), and 2nd course (meat dish) all for 13 euro. It was delicioussss, I don't know how we finished it all but we did. That wasn't even the best part though. My picturesque Italian moment came true! Sitting outside at a nice restaurant/cafe, eating a wonderful meal, and listening to an accordion player. Very Lady & the Tramp like (: Ahhh I just get goosebumps thinking about it! Quello che un bellissimo posto!
I also did some "baking" in the apartment this week. I made a chocolate mousse cake/pie. I should have waited till we had strawberries or anything to decorate it with but oh well it was still yummy!
Via dell'oriuolo is our street name (:
vita, amore, felicità
Hi Honey!! I just found out about your blog when chatting with your Mom. I called her to get my "Melissa fix"! It's wonderful, & so are you!! Big hugs, Honey, Much love & pride, Nana
ReplyDeleteOh awesome! I'm glad you'll be able to read all about what I'm doing rather than hearing it through Mom. Love you, Nana!
ReplyDelete