Sunday, September 4, 2011

L'amore Vince Tutto

"Love Conquers All"

Last night the roommates and I witnessed THE absolute cutest event EVER, a proposal on the Ponte Vecchio!! Now I had never witnessed a proposal before this so that added some extra excitement. The whole night started with a walk around the city. We stopped for some gelato then ended up taking the long way to the Ponte Vecchio and thank goodness we did otherwise we would have missed this magical moment. A few nights earlier a couple of us had seen two men playing guitar while laying down on the bridge. This time one of them was back and singing beautifully so we stopped to listen. After he finished a song a man walked up to him and it looked like he was requesting a song. He was up there for a while so I started paying close attention and noticed his hand deep in his pocket (hint hint). When the performer started to play the song the man asked his girlfriend to come over. They were standing there talking for a little and then all of a sudden he got down on one knee and the whole crowd went wild! I am the biggest sucker for any of that mushy love stuff so there I am almost in tears watching this occur haha. She said yes and they started hugging and kissing each other. (Cue the hearts melting of all the women and the curse words coming from all the other boyfriends present) My first week in Italy was just topped to a point I didn't think possible by that one moment. Some of my friends have asked me if I really believe we all have that one perfect match for us out there and I always answer yes. It's moments like this one that really remind me and I'm sure many others why love is such an amazing thing 

Enjoy the video I took of the proposal!

vita, amore, felicità

2 comments:

  1. hi melissa, i just checked out your postings and have discovered my little girl is all grown up! Strange how your' being far away has made me realize this.... Your thoughts and emotions truly tell me that your time there is not only valuable but well deserved. We all miss you but know that all is well! ENJOY DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daddy :) I love and miss you!! Maybe we can all skype together tomorrow for Matt's birthday, if not then at least soon.

    ReplyDelete