Friday, December 2, 2011

Česká to!

"Czech it out!"

After arriving at the airport for the first time actually on time we hopped on a plane to Praha or Prague. I have to admit I didn't really know anything about Prague but it was a place Hazel had been dying to go so of course I was ready to join in and experience something completely new. Once there we found our hostel and got some tips on where to go from the owner then we adventured out into the rainy evening. As we were wondering around I couldn't help but listen to people's conversations. I love hearing all the different languages and accents. It reminds you just how big a place the world is and how many millions of people are living their lives each day with no consciousness of your presence on this earth as well. I don't know if that makes any sense to you but it's something I like to remind myself of every once in a while. Kinda keeps you grounded. Anyways, even though it was raining that night we still walked around and ended up on the famous Charles Bridge. From here we could see the Castle up on the hill which literally looked like it came from a Disney movie or storybook. It was surrounded by fog and had yellowish/green lights coming from the windows. It was kinda creepy but really cool at the same time. After enjoying the view we found a place to eat. I had some garlic soup and some type of sausage dish if I can remember correctly. All of which were delicious. When we made it back to the hostel that night we realized that we couldn't open the door. We tried the key ever which way, pushing, pulling, everything you can imagine but nothing. Luckily we remembered something about the bar across the street having the owner's number and we ended up reaching him there and finally got back inside and passed out shortly after. Thank goodness.

Day 2 started off with another free tour with a British tour guide lol, never someone actually from the place we're visiting. I don't have any pictures to share from it because my camera was completely shot by then and I had to revert back to the 90s with some disposable cameras I ended up buying haha. After our tour we did a little shopping in a huge mall. But before we went inside we stopped for some snacks. Hazel got one of the really big hot dogs and I got a type of bread that's rolled in nuts and sugar then rolled around a cylinder that rotates over a fire. It was kind of like the Czech version of fried dough, very yummy. Once it started getting dark out we made our way to the big square by the Astronomical Clock and did some people watching. We ended up talking to these two guys who were both traveling around Europe, one was from Austria and the other from Israel. I always love hearing people's stories, especially when they come from places with cultures that are so foreign to me. After some chatting we went to go look for dinner and we ended up in this strange medieval themed restaurant. Even though we weren't expecting anything like that it was cool and different. The food wasn't too bad either. Here are two very bad quality pictures that I took with my iPod in the restaurant.



Our last day in Prague was more like half a day so we got up early and headed toward the Charles Bridge and the Castle. It was cool to see the bridge during the day and with all the performers and vendors on it. We passed this group of guys playing music and singing and I decided that I wouldn't need my small change anymore at this point so I gave it to them and right as I did they started singing "You are so Beautiful" to us. It was actually really funny. After that we headed up to the castle where we took pictures with the guards standing out front, we pretended it was like we were in England at Buckingham Palace haha. After a little while we went to go find the tram. Eventually we did but we realized after we got on that we didn't know which stop to get off on so being the smart ones that we are we figured we'd recognize it when we got to it. Welp we did not and we ended up on the outskirts of the city. Luckily we found someone that spoke English and could help us get back. This also meant we had to rush back to the hostel so we wouldn't be late for our flight to Amsterdam. Typical.
:)


život, lásku, štěstí

No comments:

Post a Comment