MOM & AUNTIE DOT WERE IN ITALY!!!
After almost 2 1/2 months I finally got to see some family! I had been dyinggg to hug mia mamma so that was the first thing I did when I got to their hotel room! Greatest feeling ever to have my mom's arms wrapped around me :)
That first night I took them around the small leather shop, across the Ponte Vecchio, and to a little cafe for dinner. The next day I took them to Giovanni's for breakfast (my favorite little Italian man's cafe) and then we headed to the Boboli Gardens. Those gardens are gorgeous so I knew they would appreciate them. It was a relaxing afternoon where we could simply catch up and wander. The next day I had classes but we met up for lunch where I took them to one of my regular panini shops. Afterwards, Mom and I climbed up the Duomo and enjoyed the breathtaking view of the city. It never gets old. Tuesday & Wednesday they headed to Roma which I could unfortunately not join in on (damn me for being a good student... haha). When we saw each other again it was Thursday & Thanksgiving! This was my first holiday away from home and all my family so it really meant a lot that my mom and aunt could be there with me. Not only were they there but approximately 13 others were as well. Oh and did I mention that I took on the task of cooking for all those people? Well I at least took on the turkey/ my special turkey & prosciutto roll ups. It was a lot of work but it all turned out pretty darn good in the end and everyone was so appreciative. Although it was the usual way of celebrating I had an amazing night with everyone and you could feel the gratitude overflowing in the room. We all truly understood the meaning of Thanksgiving this year, how could we not by being giving the chance to spend it in Italy? Friday the three of us headed to Siena for the day where we did some shopping, had a nice lunch, and enjoyed the scenery. Once we were back in Florence I took them to the first restaurant I came to when I arrived, Golden View Open Bar. It was delicioussss and there was even musical entertainment as we enjoyed our meal while looking out onto the Arno River. It was a perfect way to end their visit here. Saturday we did a quick browse around the big leather market then I walked them back to their hotel and said some very sad goodbyes. Not going to lie I teared up.... a lot. I had to keep reminding myself I'd see them in less than a month. It was very strange but unbelievably great having them there, experiencing all that I had come to know so well and basically know as home. Thanks for experiencing it with me, Mom & Auntie :) Love you both!
![]() |
| My Turkey!! |






No comments:
Post a Comment