Thursday, December 15, 2011

Non è Arrivederci, è Ci Vediamo Dopo

"It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Later"

I am now officially done with classes and in less than 48 hours I will be back in the USA.... this is UNREAL. These past 3 1/2 months have literally been the most extraordinary months of my life. I know this is a cliche but this experience has honestly changed me and the way I view people, the world, and cultures that I may not have/still may not understand. Even though I'm dreading leaving this wondrous place I've come to call home I cannot wait to infuse my new found insight into my "real" life back in the USA. Oh and I guess I'm pretty (super!) excited to see all my family and friends too ;) Be ready for the biggest & bestest hugs of your lives!

Since 9am marked the end of my finals I spent the rest of the day shopping, packing, and shopping more. It was great haha. Tonight also marked the final Tijuana Thursday. Yes I know, making a mexican restaurant in Italy a regular spot every week is kinda strange but trust me if you saw their 3.50 euro frozen drinks you would too. Just another thing I had to say "This is the last time we'll _____" to. Oi, I need to stop that, it just makes it that much tougher saying goodbye to. Tonight I'm going clubbing one last time with Katie, Jade, Dave, and the San Gallo girls. Then tomorrow will be everythingggg and anything I can think of as well as the farewell GSE dinner (I'm dreading saying bye to Chiara & Martina :'( ). We've also decided not to go to sleep tomorrow and our flight isn't until 2:40 in the afternoon on Saturday... this could be rough but totally worth it. I don't know if I'll be able to post again before I leave but look for one when I get back. Ti amo, Italia. Ti amo....

Here's a throw back picture:
1st view of the Duomo from our apartment window<3

vita, amore, felicità

No comments:

Post a Comment