Sunday, December 11, 2011

Il Tempo è Quasi Venuto

"The Time Has Almost Come"

One.... Week....
It can't be true. We're definitely forgetting about an extra month or something, right? There can't possibly be only 7 days left for me to enjoy this amazing place I've called home for the past 3 1/2 months.... Someone is playing a mean joke right now. I just know it...
Ok, ok so I guess I have to come to terms with it some time but man is it going to be hard. It especially doesn't help that my last week also includes 5 finals which means time wasted studying when I should be out ENJOYING the city. Grrr, this whole "study" aspect of study abroad has never really bode well for me. And clearly you can tell by my sudden burst in blog posts that the studying part isn't really happening either.

This past week I have spent trying any random restaurants and cafes that I come upon. I walk into random stores just to browse and see what I've been missing. And I wander, lots. You really don't realize how little time you have here until it's almost gone. <- good reminder about life too. And if there is anything I've learned from this past week's events, including the passing of one of Stonehill's own freshmen, it's that you really do never know when it could all end and the only way to ensure you are happy when it does reach that moment is to try your very best to actually LIVE each and ever moment you are given. Enjoy because otherwise you're only harming yourself.

Wednesday marked the fake last day of classes (I still have Italian twice before my exam), so the Stonehill gang decided to celebrate by going out to dinner then having a little Christmas party, Yankee Swap included. It was such a blast hanging out with everyone and I really started to feel that Christmas spirit I had been missing. Although Katie may still be mad at me for taking her t-shirt during the Yankee Swap I think we all had a great time together and will continue to hang out once we're back on campus. Here are a couple pictures from the party :)

Stonehill Family Pic!

Our tree and presents

Conquered this wine bottle after 10 strugglefest minutes haha


1st present- boxed wine, firework poppers, & nutella ornaments-  courtesy of Dave

After the swap :)
Here are a couple pictures of the Christmas decorations around Firenze:


Love this one with the moon




vita, amore, felicità

No comments:

Post a Comment