Saturday, December 10, 2011

Magico. Mistica. Memorabile.

"Magical. Mystical. Memorable."

Venezia was simply magical. I have literally always dreamed of riding a gondola down the Po River as I stare up at all the classic Italian buildings or out into the sea. I even have a poster of it that hangs in my dorm room back home. The fact that I was actually able to experience this dream was amazinggg. The minute I stepped onto the gondola I think I went into some fantasy world. I felt calm, overjoyed, amazed, but mainly... at home. I know this experience will always bring a smile to my face :)

The rest of our weekend in this unique city was nothing less than fantastic. I loved everything about it. I had learned a little about it's history from my prostitution class before coming and the tour guide added to my knowledge and it all came back to the city's distinct attitude of acceptance for all. And even though that was what it was known for in the past, I could feel it surrounding me as I walked along the canal and through the streets the entire time I was there. That may not make sense to you but it was quite a comforting feeling. It wasn't anything I had felt before. Needless to say I was on cloud nine the entire visit (except for one strange conversation at dinner but I think it's best to leave that one out). I don't want to drag this post on like all the others so here are some pictures showing what we saw:


:)

Gondolassss!

Trying to recreate my poster :)

Outside St. Mark's Basilica

Venice is known for it's glass blowing and I could definitely tell why!

And you wonder why I was so happy there :)


Gorgeousss masks


Occupy Venice? lol

I was trying on this mask when the creepy souvenir guy grabbed it off my face.
Thank you Kat for the action shot, it doesn't capture it but I was actually pretty frightened.



vita, amore, felicità

No comments:

Post a Comment